Hello lovely readers! I come to you today with my January (yes, I know it’s March) unboxing of the Adventures in Ketterdam candle box by FlickTheWick. I am a very big fan of the Six of Crows duology and it’s one of the few series I can reread and still enjoy so when I saw she restocked this box, I immediately ordered it!
I really liked this box but I wouldn’t order again. FlickTheWick is based in the US and shipping and customs costs to deliver to the UK added up to almost double the cost of the box, which I didn’t think was worth it no matter how appealing the contents.
But I did order it so I might as well enjoy it! On to the contents:
- 4 candles (one 4oz, three 2oz) – I love the smell of all of these! I especially enjoy how the candles have the names of places, because associating a smell with a location makes the world feel much more real. The smells match the descriptions in the book so it feels like a lot of thought and love went into them! My favourite is probably the Crow Club, though I may be slightly swayed by the pretty crow art which I can display on my desk.
- The Crow Club (4oz) : salty ocean air, amber, vanilla
- The Menagerie (2oz) : orchid, vanilla, musk
- The Barrel (2oz) : coffee, brown sugar, cocoa, vanilla
- Emerald Palace (2oz) : licorice, patchouli, bergamot, lavender
- “Jurda Parem” tea – I LOVE this concept! In the story, Jurda Parem is a type of herb that has very strong effects on the magic users in the Grishaverse. I love that it’s a story element brought to life and the smell is also lovely!
- Crow pin – one can never have too many crows
- Book sleeve by Bookbubbie – To be honest, I would have preferred a Six of Crows themed book sleeve rather than Shadow and Bone, since I haven’t read the latter series. But anyhow, it is good quality and it is a very pretty sleeve. It features Morozova’s stag, the ancient and magical white stag, the spoiler card says.
- Six of Crows Postcard designed by The Twinkle Canvas
- Crooked Kingdom letter print by Reverie and Ink
- “No mourners, no funerals” art print by Malvara.id
Overall, I really enjoyed this box! Have you picked up any Six of Crows merchandise? If so, what did you get?